Theme: Every Child! Every Chance! Every Day!
To The Burton-Pack Family:
On behalf of the staff at Burton-Pack Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2016-17 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
The staff at Burton-Pack Elementary School is proud to have a state of the arts Kids Fit Kinesthetic classroom and two learning labs where our students are able to learn through movement during their intervention block. Research has proven that movement stimulates the brain muscles which cause students to be more alert and productive.
The wonderful staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Sarah G. Smith, Ed.D.